At Modern Montessori, we believe in putting children’s uniqueness at the center of their education and how they’re raised to bring out the best in every one of them, individually. This blog will delve into why the Montessori teaching method is the best.
Get to know Modern Montessori
35 years ago, our vision was birthed through a decision to send our two-and-a-half-year-old daughter to a Montessori school in London. This decision is one we do not regret as it helped our daughter tremendously as she flourished in her development.
This inspired us to approach the school principal and design a distance learning course to teach the Montessori Method to people, on a global scale. Our move to South Africa happened in 1991 and since then it was as clear as daylight that ours was to close the gap and provide the country with early childhood education that would make a positive impact. This is how the provision of our distance learning, part-time, and full-time lecture-based Montessori training came about.
The School of Modern Montessori
Our mission is to impart the principles of our school to our students. Some of these principles and values are respect, integrity, and dignity. Child development is of paramount importance to us as we are all about grasping and meeting our students at the physical, emotional, psychological, and mental needs to identify the appropriate intervention strategies and facilitate the necessary educational solutions.
Again, we drive individuality as each child is unique and unlike any other. Having said that, we are aware that your child won’t learn in the same way and at the same pace as any other child, and that is where we come in. We believe in teaching children according to their natural stages of childhood development, and this blog will better articulate that and answer why our teaching method is the best. To find out more about what we believe in, visit our website.
5 Reasons why Montessori has the best teaching method
- In putting the children first, we understand that they need the freedom to learn in ways that are suited to their pace, and their natural phases of development
- We facilitate and administer the learning in a well and carefully prepared environment that provides new experience and stimulation.
- Our method of learning gives rise to holistic development, meaning that our students grow psychologically, intellectually, socially, physically, and emotionally.
- We give the children a new perspective through the work we offer them. This work lets them see that there is a purpose in doing and partaking in it, and we have come to understand that that’s what they love. We tap into their desire to learn and guide them to uncover and explore their capabilities.
- We use specially designed materials and apparatus for every period and phase of their development. This is to provide the children with a clear experience that is befitting to the period of development they’re in and gradually moving onto complex materials and tasks.
You can click here or just get in touch with us for more information on our Montessori method. There is so much more to Modern Montessori and we believe that goes for all our children who are definitely a beacon of light for the future.
Why choose Modern Montessori for your child?
Outside of why we think we are one of the best educational institutions, locally and internationally, here are 5 more reasons that support why you should choose us to facilitate the education and upbringing of your child.
- Safe surroundings.
- We have dedicated, trained and caring teachers.
- We have a track record of experience in excellence in early childhood education.
- Our education is all-inclusive.
- We afford all our children or students’ individual attention.
Of course, for further information on our school, our website is the perfect place for you to learn more.
Education the Montessori way is the best way
Maria Montessori stated: “Whoever touches the life of a child, touches the most sensitive point of a whole which has roots in the most distant past and climbs towards the infinite future.” Give your child the gift of a Montessori education today.